Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A new army Sneaks in


I've been away folks, to parts foreign and of some relevance for the blog.  Perhaps something on that later, but whilst away my order of miniatures for Dragon Rampant arrived.  Oh, I guess I didn't mention I'd finally picked up a copy of the Fantasy variant of LR did I; well that was a thing that also happened.  University study is basically out the way for the summer, so fun times and army building are a coming...

Anyhoo.  I decided that for my first dedicated Dragon Rampant force I wanted to do something that was new, but also cut a clear path away from old Warhammer armies and Kings of War too.  Instead I fancied something themed on D&D and other classic roleplaying games.  After looking at what I had to hand for inspiration, and what was available on the net, I settled on a small order from the Reaper Miniatures ranges:

Modern Classics
So it's going to be a Kobold raiding party, with Bugbears providing the heavy hitters, and maybe a little surprise leading them too.  It means painting about 40 models, which shouldn't take too long seeing as how tiny the Kobolds are, but these little dog-warriors should give me an entertaining variant instead of Goblinoid nasties.

I'm looking forward to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment