Tuesday, January 03, 2012

First figures of 2012

Well these didn't take very long!



Actually it shows to be honest, they are rudimentary at best, a simple black wash job; but they did only take a total of about 3 hours from start to finish, including basing.

I picked up some Crusader Miniatures Normans to give me some nicer models and variety for my Saga troops.  Having got the models I have mixed feelings about them.  They are accurate enough but oddly static and as you can see some of the crossbows are not completely cast; can you say 'Quality Control'?  Hopefully when I get to look at them the spear men and cavalry I bought will be better.

Still, it's a good start to the year isn't it.  Back to work tomorrow though...

4 comments:

  1. They look pretty good for just 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crusader seem to prefer that sort of figure. Very little movement in any of their ranges - one reason why I didn't use them for the Wars of the Roses. Still they do look very nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great. After all the average distance is 3 feet right? So no one is going to think anything of them but "How do I get out of their line of sight?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just prepping some of these and found the same thing on the crossbows. I wondered whether to try and rebuild the stunted crossbow arms but in the end just cut the other side to match. Three hours is a challenge. I'll see what I can do on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete