Monday, September 26, 2011

Kings of War 2nd ed. and a minor setback

Well, to add to the constant interruption of service her at toomuchlead towers, the shiny new Samsung notepad, expired at the weekend (or some point before, whilst I was away), and so posts will yet again be affected whilst I get the warranty to apply and replace it.


  
In other news, I have got hold of a pre-release version of the new edition of Kings of War. At first glance there are a few changes to the detail of the rules, but really only cosmetic to speed up play and reduce reference to tables. Of  more interest to all are the expanded army lists which now cover eight races:
  • Abyssal (Chaos) Dwarfs
  • Dwarfs
  • Elves
  • Goblins
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Twilight Kin (Dark Elves)
  • Undead
Some of the older lists appear to be expanded to allow for alternate builds, such as Tomb Kings-esque undead, to be catered for. Hopefully some of the weaker forces have been balance a bit more (Mantic had already dealt quite well with this), and it is pleasing to note that the human list has such a broad variety that pretty much any build can be considered. The list certainly covers my Dogs of War and medieval armies perfectly.

 
Hopefully I can get a game or two in soon, and try them.  With any luck by that stage I should have my third laptop of the year and be able to show you properly what I think of them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment