Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bartlett's Brigade complete

I have a problem with character models. Those who follow my blog will know I can churn out reasonable quality rank and file models at a rate of around 80-100 a month. Characters, Leaders, personalities and so forth are another deal entirely. Something about painting a single figure demotivates me.

I think it has to do with how each job is a tiny exercise, and you waste as much paint on the palette as you use, and you can't hide the mistakes in a mass of men, and so on, and so on.

General Joseph J Bartlett here (actually a converted Confederate general) took an age to finish, but was still a quick effort for me and a commander, a mere five weeks.

I've had personality models loiter on the painting table for years before!

Still with him out the way, my little Union army is complete. 100 models all told.


No temptations to add to them at the moment; but maybe one day a second brigade will develop. As they stand though, they are more than enough for our club games of Fire and Fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment