Friday, November 21, 2008

Double victory!

I grabbed a couple of 500 point Combat Patrol games against Chris the other week, a last hurrah at one of the Leeds Clubs before going away. My Orks were in no mood to mess in both games, proving that in this size engagement they rule the roost.



The first battle versus the Tau, could’ve been won by Chris with a less enthusiastic advance at the start, he should’ve used range to defeat me. In the second game I was worried by a mass of Tyranids; Chris was worried by the Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field, and so killed him in short order. I however went straight for his command Warriors, and after dealing with them the rest of the army crumbled.


I don’t want to brag, but generally I have been on a roll with this army, and games in general of late. So this was the icing on the cake.

CD covers may be the right size for a smoke screen, but it is just WRONG! OK?!

Elsewhere in the club, there was a large 10mm WW2 game going on, using the Blitzkrieg Commander rules.


And a Fields of Glory game in 15mm. These look like a reasonable descendant of DBM, at least the units look like actual formations of men. Still I’ve yet to try them myself, and cautions about reviews of them being messy to read and play, keep me from really trying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment